Public Theology Certificate (PTC)
The Public Theology Certificate Program is a 5 course 16 month program taught in partnership with Faith in Action (formerly the PICO National Network). The certificate explores and engages the arts of faith-based organizing as ecclesial practice for pastoral excellence, congregational vitality, and an active public theology. The Public Theology Certificate trains for a new model of leadership for seminarians and pastoral leaders that integrates disciplines and directs their application to current social problems.
- Introduction to Public Theology (core)
- Community Organizing (core)
- Religion and Society
- Morality and Ethics
- Internship (1 semester)
- 5 courses can be completed in as little as 15 months.
- 1 semester Internship with a mentor in student's field of interest.
- 2 Core Courses taken from BST; 2 electives from any of our partner schools (Graduate Theological Union (GTU), UC Berkeley.
- Access to the Flora Lamson Hewlett Library, a world-class theological Library (e-resources available), as well as the 26 Libraries on the UC Berkeley Campus.
- Courses taught online and in remote formats.
- Can be incorporated as an emphasis in any BST accredited program; or taken for certificate only.
- Rolling Admissions.
BST is a founding member school of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU)—a consortium of 8 Schools, 6 Centers, 6 Affiliates, 9 Projects & Initiatives, and a World-class Theological Library.
Interested In This Program?
For questions, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 841-1905 ext 229.