CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Churches, ministries, schools, and colleges often reach out to BST looking for alumni with the skills and talents to fill a wide range of positions. The job postings below are regularly updated with new postings as they come in.
If you have a job posting that you would like to have listed here, please email email@example.com and include your job description and contact info.
Part-time Minister - Good Shepherd Baptist Church - Lynnwood, WA
The people of Good Shepherd Baptist Church are excited about the prospect of finding a settled minister to share in and lead us on our spiritual journey. We are seeking a part-time pastor to provide Christ-centered inspiration, partner with us in pastoral care, and support our efforts in doing God’s work in our community. We are open to an early-career pastor as well as a bi-vocational pastor.
Good Shepherd Baptist Church is a welcoming, generous, and supportive community of learners and explorers.
- celebrate diversity
- embrace the journey to racial and social justice
- foster intergenerational relationships
- strive to be stewards of the Earth
Position: Part-Time Minister
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plans and leads worship on Sunday Morning
- Plans and presides over seasonal and special times such as Advent, Lent and Holy Week, baptisms, weddings, memorial services, baby dedications
- Provides pastoral care (or organizes members to help with pastoral care)
- Coordinates building usage with user groups
- Updates and sends out newsletter
- Participates in monthly leadership meeting
- Supports lay leadership
- Represents the church in the community
- Participates in regional and national affiliated organizations and associations, e.g. ABC-USA, Evergreen Association of ABC
Master of Divinity (or is a student working towards a Master of Divinity degree)
For more information:
GSBC profile: GSBC profile
GSBC Website: https://www.gsbchurch.com/
GSBC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GSBChurch
Please email inquiries or resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted 5/31/23
Worship Director - Christ Church - Berkeley, CA
Overview: The Worship Director must have a passion for worship as a whole way of life directed toward the Kingdom of God and for ushering the Christ Church family into the presence of God. The role and responsibility is to oversee all elements of worship gathering programming for Christ Church under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. Christ Church’s style could be characterized as “ancient-future” worship that combines the best elements of the Christian tradition while also embracing modern worship elements. Through the ministry of music, exemplary character, and relational intentionality, the Worship Director will promote a culture of worship in which both the collective church body and its individual members sense the beauty, majesty, and worth of Jesus Christ; offer homage and adoration of our God; make or renew a commitment to Christ; respond to God’s love by serving others; and create a community of reconciliation and care. For more information, please read the job description.
Job Posted 5/31/23
CCKids Director - Christ Church - Berkeley, CA
Overview: The CCKids Director plays an integral role in Christ Church East Bay’s Next Generation Ministries and serves the congregation by overseeing our CCKids Ministry in such a way that newborns, toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary students are led into deeper relationships with Christ and his church through community, and for the city. While parents are primarily responsible for the formation of their children before God, our CCKids Ministry exists to supplement this formation and help lay down the foundations for a lifelong communion with Christ and his church by providing a safe, intentional, and engaging church environment and fostering a church culture for the children of Christ Church and their neighbors to be nurtured in (or introduced to) the Christian faith within the context of an intergenerational local church community. For more information, please read the job description.
Job Posted 5/31/23
Redwood Glen Camp and Conference Center - Loma Mar, CA
Redwood Glen is seeking a team to fill 2 out of 3 openings currently available:
- Guest Services Coordinator (estimated total compensation package = $80,000*)
- Maintenance Associate (estimated total compensation package = $75,000*)
- Shift Cook (estimated total compensation package = $75,000*)
Note: As a 2-person team, the expected total compensation package for the household is estimated to be $120,000.*
* Total compensation page includes medical benefits, housing, meals, generous paid time off, and retirement contribution (after successful completion of 90 days probationary period).
All positions are full-time with housing available. The Maintenance Associate and Shift Cook positions may have advancement opportunities in the coming year.
The successful team will have a mature relationship with God and be self-motivated, hard-working, and positive contributors to a team culture.
Guest Services Coordinator:
The Guest Services Coordinator facilitates the hosting of approximately 150 guest groups per year, including: initial inquiry communications, contracts, managing reservation systems, being an onsite contact, invoicing, and coordinating with other departments. The successful candidate will be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, an effective communicator, organized and detail-oriented, and have at least two years’ experience in a guest services role. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
The Maintenance Associate ensures the readiness of facilities for occupancy. This includes: setup of facilities, routine functionality checks of critical items, garbage removal, routine repairs, and preventative maintenance. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience in maintenance at a camp or similar type facility, basic computer skills for task management and documentation, and will be a self-starter who responds well in a team setting. To be considered for the Facilities Manager position when open, the successful candidate will have five plus years’ maintenance experience, managerial experience, and proficiency/expertise in one of the following trades: carpentry, electrical, mechanical (HVAC), or automotive.
The Shift Cook is entrusted with the timely preparation of meals for groups of 20 to 200 guests. This includes: overseeing other kitchen staff, working in front- and back-of-house, meal preparation, service, and clean up. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience in food service at a camp or similar type facility, be a team-player, and hold a current food handler’s certificate. To be considered for the Food Service Manager position when open, the successful candidate will have five plus years’ food service experience, managerial experience, and proficiency/expertise with: special dietary needs, preparing meals from scratch, working with non-GMO/locally sourced food, and basic computer skills for scheduling and meal planning.
Please submit cover letter/s and individual resumes to Jeff Tessier, Associate Director, at email@example.com. Priority will be given to 2-person teams, but individual applicants are invited to apply.
Job Posted 5/19/23
Associate Pastor - West Shore Baptist Church - Camp Hill, PA
- “Belonging” Ministries. The Associate Pastor will be responsible to provide oversight to our ministries designed to cultivate Gospel-centered connections among members & regular attenders at WSBC. Currently this is accomplished through community groups and life groups.
- The Associate Pastor will work in partnership with the Christian Education Board to develop leadership pipelines, enhance pathways that move more people from “pews to groups,” and ensure that facilitators have coaching and adequate resources.
- He or she will oversee and resource a youth & children’s ministry by organizing a weekly youth group for upper-middle & high school students and a “junior youth group” for upper-elementary & lower-middle school students.
- As he or she grows into this position, the Associate Pastor will be responsible to provide oversight for developing systems & resources to move people from ‘groups’ to intentional mentoring opportunities.
- “Bridging” Ministries. The Associate Pastor will work in partnership with the Mission Board & Senior Pastor to create more opportunities for Gospel-centered connections with our not-yet-believing neighbors.
- This may look like utilizing life groups as “neutral spaces” to connect with not-yet-believers, promoting relational evangelism as a way of life, building connections with mission organizations already on the ground in our wider community, facilitating local & global mission trips, etc.
- “Believing” Ministries. Under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, the Associate Pastor will aid in leading the worshiping life of WSBC. This includes:
- Joining with the Senior Pastor, Music Director, and others appointed to design the liturgy, including selecting music, for corporate worship gatherings.
- Preaching as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Facilitating the liturgy (welcome, pastoral prayer, etc) on rotation & co-officiating communion with the Senior Pastor.
- Pastoral Roles. Under the supervision and coaching of the Senior Pastor, the Associate Pastor will be responsible to provide some pastoral counseling, provide Gospel-centered teaching & preaching, and leadership of assigned teams.
- As the Associate Pastor acclimates to the position and based on his or her goals, he or she may also be invited to grow in other pastoral skill areas under the Senior Pastor’s coaching. Examples include hospital & home visitation, baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Other Duties.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly Advisory Council, Deacon Board & Christian Education meetings.
- Upon direction from the Senior Pastor, participate in other pastoral activities, as assigned.
- The ability to articulate a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus Christ and a sense of calling to pastoral ministry.
- Commitment to WSBC’s vision of making disciples who believe, belong, bridge & become.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, i.e. self-awareness; communication (verbal, written, and online); ability to self-differentiate in the presence of conflict or difficult situations; a sense of humor; relationally oriented; and an ability to interact with others from a foundation of theological and biblical integrity.
- Ability to build healthy relationships and teams.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent from an ATS accredited institution, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and relevant ministry experience may also be considered.
- Ordained in the American Baptist Churches, USA, preferred
- If not ABC-USA affiliated, candidate must agree to:
- Sign the ABC-USA Minister’s Council code of ethics
- Submit to the process of having his or her ordination recognized by ABC-USA, if ordained
- Pursue ordination within ABC-USA, if not yet ordained
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, in the form of an email, along with the
following as attachments (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A brief statement of faith, including sense of calling to this position;
- A current résumé and, if ABCUSA affiliated, an updated American Baptist Personnel Services (ABPS) profile;
- Signed ABCUSA Code of Ethics.
A signed authorization form for a background check will be required of final candidates.
Please do not include audio-visual materials. The Search Team will request additional supporting items as the process moves forward.
Job Posted 1/12/23